Bags, babies, beauty, and whatever else crosses my mind...

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Coat Closet Reorganization

I quickly realized while looking in my coat closet the other day, that something was going to have to be done to make getting out the door now that we would have four people needing space in the coat closet, and all of the winter items that go along with that!

My before didn't really have much organization, some gloves and scarves were tossed into a basket - many of which were not the correct size or were not items we use the most often. I had hats stowed away in the girls' closets upstairs... which is not a convenient place when I'm trying to get out the door and have to run back upstairs for a hat to match their outfit. And we also had a number of just miscellaneous items stowed away in the closet, since it is our main area of extra storage on the first level of the house.

So I took to the closet, of making the winter items more accessible, and also shaping up the functionality of the closet.

Here's my before and after:



I really like the way it turned out! Each member of the family has their own separate bin, which helps to quickly find the size you need to find - and also I like that there is a place for boot storage on the bottom. I was finally able to fit our upright Dyson vacuum cleaner into a spot in one of our closets... and all of the cleaning supplies fits more neatly as well.

Now, baby, toddler, and adult hats, gloves, mittens, and scarves can be found in a matter of seconds - and I'm hoping it will help things go back into their spot when we are done using them as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment