Bags, babies, beauty, and whatever else crosses my mind...

Friday, May 6, 2011

Cupcake's New Class - Swimming!

It's been a whirlwind few weeks and we're starting to count down the days until Cupcake's first birthday! 

I'm planning on just having a little get together at our house on her birthday (not an actual party... just a get together) - and then having cake with her family when we're in Illinois the following week for a graduation. It's too hard to plan anything here in Michigan with us being such a distance from the majority of our family, so I resigned myself to the fact that we would not try to throw a big birthday party this year... And maybe try to do something when we have less going on over in Illinois, so that relatives over there can come this direction.

So I've got myself busy with planning the birthday "get together", getting a few decorations (cupcake themed - of course) and planning what she'll wear for 1st birthday pictures, etc.

One new fun thing that we've started the past few weeks though, is swim class! And she loves it!

We signed up for mommy & baby swim classes at the YMCA, because I thought it would be a fun activity that we could do together - and also be good for her to start learning how to move in the water. I love swimming and pool activities - so it seems that she has taken after me in that respect. She loves the kicking, trying to push her arms across the water to get to a toy, and doesn't mind keeping her body horizontal in the pool.

On the way to swim class!
Getting ready in the locker room!

Before class, checking out what the older kids are doing in their class.

Warming up after class!

I think it's something that we'll keep doing for a while and sign up for the next session as well, because we're both getting a lot of enjoyment out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment