Bags, babies, beauty, and whatever else crosses my mind...

Monday, June 20, 2011

New makeup finds & reviews!

I just happened to stumble across Makeup Geek videos on You Tube one day last week (I know,  I know... I'm so behind the times, in my defense - I make You Tube videos, but then never have time to actually WATCH any!) and I fell in love! Simple to the point instructions, great photo qualities, and products from brands I already was using. Win, win, win.

I was driven to their website out of my natural curiosity to check things out, and slam dunk - more great tutorials, reviews, and even a makeup store!

After watching on makeup tutorial in particular on Contouring, I decided to put in an order to their store to get the Coastal Scents concealer quad (used in the video), NYX green concealer, and the MUG stippling brush. (Perfect to use with my Make Up For Ever HD Foundation!) They arrived super quickly, I ordered on a Wednesday and received my items by Saturday!


The Coastal Scents concealer quad in light is fantastic! (Currently sold out on the Coastal Scents website.) It comes with four shades, a light concealer, a salmon shade, a white to blend, and a light green tinted shade. The light concealer works perfectly under my makeup to hide blemishes, and the salmon color has worked great under my eyes.

I opted to get the seperate NYX green concealer, because I liked the green tint of it more. (You can see in the photo below the difference.) It conceals the red areas I get on the sides of my nose and lasts all day long.



The MUG stippling brush happened to be 25% off when I placed my order, but I probably would have purchased it at it's regular price as well. In a different Makeup Geek video that I watched, she applied foundation flawlessly with the brush - and I knew I had to try it! It was no hoax, I got the brush and it ended all of my liquid foundation application woes! It goes on smoothly and I've only had minimal issues with shedding. I will be ordering more of these brushes in the future when it comes time for replacements.

The best part? The prices! Everything was reasonably priced and cost me the same amount that one item at Sephora would have, this was my first time trying the Coastal Scents or NYX brands - so I was pleasantly surprised that the products really did DO what I wanted them to! I'm looking forward to trying more items from these brands in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment