Bags, babies, beauty, and whatever else crosses my mind...

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tarina Tarantino Magical Palette - Review and Look Idea!

I picked up the Tarina Tarantino 'Magical' eye shadow palette at Sephora the other day because I wanted a bit of color to mix up my eye look. I tend to use mostly neutrals that are in the Naked or Naked 2 palettes on a daily basis - so when I walked past this palette with beautiful purples I knew I had to get it! There is a great pewter color that works with brown eyes really well, and the bottom deep purple color actually looks like a purple against fair skin... unlike some purples that look like a dark gray or charcoal eyeshadow once you have them on.





I've been using the matte white shade in the Magical palette for highlighting and colors from the Naked 2 palette as a base. I've found that the Tarina Tarantino eye shadows are long-lasting and feel very smooth when you're applying them. I use Too Faced's Shadow Insurance eye primer, so I'm sure that helps the shadows stay on longer as well. The darker purple color in the palette does tend to "shift" on my crease after about 4 hours, and when I get home it looks like I put more of the darker color above my lid than I actually did... but it is very minimal and doesn't look horrible. Just a more noticeable shift than I've seen with the Urban Decay shadows that I'm more used to.

This palette is priced at $32 at Sephora right now, I think it is a great buy to add a few additional colors into your eye shadow rotation. The packaging is beautiful and travel friendly. While I don't think that this palette is going to replace my love for my Naked palettes anytime soon... I do think it is a keeper!

Watch the video for the look I've liked with this palette here:


Here's what it looks like on:





No comments:

Post a Comment