Bags, babies, beauty, and whatever else crosses my mind...

Monday, March 21, 2011

Face of the Day Looks: Urban Decay Naked Palette

I ordered the Urban Decay 'Naked' eyeshadow palette when it came back in-stock January at Sephora. I'd heard lots of good things about it, and while I was a bit skeptical - still wanted to give it a try.


Wow! Now I know what all of the fuss is about! True, some of the colors in the palette are not exactly daytime appropriate for a professional or mommy - but there are lots of great colors to choose from and not to long after using it you find the ones that work the best for you. My most used colors are Sin, Toasted, and Hustle - and they combine to make a enhanced daytime look, with just a hint of shimmer.

Here's a few pictures of the typical eye look I've been going for lately, with Sin, Toasted, and Hustle:



After a visit to the Benefit counter in February, I've also been a fan of the double eyeline. One charcoal gray line that just goes along your top lid and blends into your lashes, and then a second bronze line on top of that, to make your eyes stand out. I really feel like it's been helping my eyes pop, so I've started doing it everyday!

They used the Benefit creaseless eyeshadow in Busy Signal applied with an angle brush on top of my charcoal gray liner, to do the bronze double line the day I stopped in there. (Which I've since purchased the Benefit product, but haven't gotten around to trying myself yet!) I have been using my Ulta brand charcoal gray eyeliner right along the lash line and then bought a bronze in the same Ulta brand liner that has been working just as well (I think anyways) to do the double line! The pictures above have the double liner with the Ulta brand liners... I will post up a version with the Benefit liner soon, to see if you can tell a difference.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am the 100th GFC follower.
    http://www.couponsavingsinthesouth.com/

    ReplyDelete