Bags, babies, beauty, and whatever else crosses my mind...

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green is good!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I have to remind myself how great green really is sometimes... Green is a fun color. I don't particularly wear a lot of it or even prefer it for jewelry. (Even though my birthstone is Emerald.) What I love most about it though, is how versatile it can be... take one shade and it's whimsical and fun, and yet another is subtle sophistication.

Perhaps you're not ready to commit to a piece of clothing for this St. Patrick's Day, well then surely a green accessory would do the trick!

I love this large pouch from Comme des Garcons, it can do the business of holding all of your essentials - while still have a light, festive feel to it. This would be the ultimate St. Patrick's Day clutch, but you'd have to LOVE green, for it to have year round longevity...
Tobi.com - Commes des Garcons Large Pouch, $138

Commes des Garcons, Large Pouch

However, something like this 'Cool Art' wrap by Diane von Furstenberg would be useful long after all of the four leaf clover decorations were put away...
Nordstrom.com - Diane von Furstenberg Cool Art Wrap Scarf, $165

When I really do get down to the business of thinking green though... I do think jewelry. Emerald is the first thing that comes to mind, if I were to associate one thing with the word green. So what better than to have your touch of St. Patty's Day green in a gorgeous pair of earrings?
BlueNile.com - Emerald and Diamond Filigree Earrings, $650
And I would also have the necklace to match, because the pieces are stunning enough to wear separately - but such a beautiful style that you want both...
BlueNile.com - Emerald and Diamond Filigree Necklace, $570
And even though these shoes look distinctly brown or dark khaki line on the computer screen, their technical color name is "Military Green" - so we'll let them slide, as they look like such a beautiful, yet comfortable heel for Spring:
Zappos.com - Miss Sixty Sydney, $92.50 on sale

Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day, and may the luck of the Irish be with you!



6 comments:

  1. GREAT pieces girl!!! I am loving that scarf and the pouch! I feel like that pouch would come so handy while on vacation! Have a great St. Patrick's Day!

    <3 Megan
    Come check out my Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love green, especially jewelry! I think it's so chic and a great way to add color to any outfit. Happy St. Patty's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I just love the little pouch! And the Blue Nile jewelry has me rethinking not having many emerald pieces of jewelry... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' it!

    Passing through via the Thursday hop to say hello and follow.
    You can check out my site at http://poshonabudget.com/2011/02/happy-thursday-7.html.

    POSH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that DVF scarf! love how lightweight and airy it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog to comment!
    I love your green accessories you have chosen.
    :)
    Will be following you ;)

    ReplyDelete