Bags, babies, beauty, and whatever else crosses my mind...

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Some "Mommy friendly" clothing looks I love!

So after I became a stay-at-home Mom, I did a fun thing in Polyvore where I put together some fun looks (with a generous helping of Louis Vuitton cameos) just to help think up some fresh ways to pair things already in my closet.

And while I wish that I could go out daily looking something like this:


This look, is probably a tad more realistic representation of what I actually look like:
(With a cardigan over this... I love my cardigans.)


 Maybe someday I can get to a point where I can primarily go out dressed like Outfit #1, but the shoes alone in the first outfit nix that as a realistic option for me. As hot as they are... I couldn't imagine schlepping a baby, diaper bag, purse, and staying upright while walking down my stairs in them. And in all honesty, at this point my main goal for my "when I go out in the world" daily attire is to always stay a step above the Juicy Couture velour sweat pants I wear around the house.

So for now, I'll have fun pairing mix & match basics like dark jeans from the Gap (I love their Curvy jeans, great for gals with hips!), blouses from Banana Republic, Anthropologie, and the Gap, put together with cardigans over them... and topped off by a cute ballerina flat or sandal.



And just for fun... because you know I couldn't put together some Polyvore looks without incorporating cupcakes somehow... here's some cupcake wear for you:

And yes I realize that I'm too old to go out looking that that, but it doesn't stop me from imagining what a cute cupcake outfit could look like, does it? 


(For full list of products used in the Polyvore looks, visit my Polyvore page HERE.)

No comments:

Post a Comment